I’ve been silent here on the blog – I think Twitter killed it. That, and a lack of time outside of work to sit in front of the computer. Oh, and getting an iPhone. That’ll suck up your time, I tell you (hello Instagram and Tiny Wings!)
At any rate, I’ve decided to make some resolutions for the new year and thought I’d post them here for all to see (accountability!) They are totally related to my health/fitness. As it turns out, when I’m not healthy or taking care of my body, I’m unhappy. I like being happy. So without further ado, in 2012 I will:
- Make it to CFNE minimum of 3x/week, no matter how crazy the other parts of my life are.
- Eat Paleo 90% of the time and make the 10% non-Paleo REALLY worthwhile.
- Snatch 135# (my biggest goal in terms of fitness)
- Run a 7:30 mile (and run at least 1 road race, either a 5k or 10k)
- Row a sub-8:00 2K
- Find my double-unders again (%$!^%#&# DUs – had them, lost them, found them, lost them, and will find them again!)
- Avoid the avoidable injuries, and treat the unavoidable ones (even if it means stopping mid-WOD – and oh, what a metaphor for life this particular goal is…)
- Bring mindfulness to my Crossfit practice (some days, the PR is in the attempt, not in the results)
I’ll also add in:
- Maintain a healthy sense of humor and of the absurd
- Keep work and life in balance
- Visit my massage therapist 6 times
- Continue reading like a fiend (this year I hit 66…)
- Knit a few items and GIVE THEM AWAY (I have a problem with that second part)
- Be more social – go out with friends more often.
That should do. We’ll see how I do. I’m looking forward to this year like you can’t believe – it’s GOT to be better than 2011!